The Australia-Africa Universities Network will focus engagement of Australian universities in sub-Saharan Africa to enable the provision of specific expertise across areas of priority for Australia and Africa.
Key objectives for the network are:
• Provide an intelligence and advisory portal for government institutions, the corporate sector and media to access, via a ‘one-stop-shop’, a range of expertise on Africa.
• Develop institutional research partnerships on Africa.
• Develop capacity building and training programs for example in governance, public sector reform, education, mining, agriculture and health.
• Produce innovative policy solutions through position papers with key academics, non-government organisations, business and political representatives.
• Provide post-training support for African scholars, including an alumni network, linking with African communities in Australia as appropriate.