Agricultural Research Symposium 2016 Nairobi
On 16 November 2016, the Agricultural Research Symposium will take place in Nairobi, Kenya. The symposium is co-hosted by AAUN, the Australia Awards, the University of Nairobi and the University of Sydney. The Symposium is part of the Australia Awards Africa Short Course “Increasing the Development Impact of Agricultural Research” (IDIAR).
The Symposium’s objectives include:
- To hold a high level public diplomacy event showcasing Australia-Africa research collaborations in agriculture & food security.
- To promote collaboration among African researchers, and cross Africa-Australia research
- To promote the activities of the AAUN and the Australia Awards Africa Program
- To increase networks for alumni of the Australia Awards Africa Short Course in IDIAR
Panels planned (TBC) for the Symposium include:
- Pulse Research
- Gender, Agriculture and Innovation Platforms
- Value Chains and Innovation
The AAUN Symposium held in 2015 attracted over 70 participants from both Australia and Africa. We expect that the 2016 Symposium will attract a similar number from across Africa and Australia, including 26 researchers participating in the IDIAR program, agricultural academics presenting in the program from Australia and throughout Africa, along with representatives from Nairobi-based agricultural research institutions and the private sector.
The day will open with a high profile media event, where we are inviting high-level representatives of the Australian Government in Kenya, the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Nairobi, and a senior official from the Kenyan Ministry of Agriculture.
Date: Wednesday 16 November 2016
Venue: Southern Sun Mayfair Hotel, Parklands, Nairobi